About Laser Hair Removal
Say goodbye to hair… forever! Laser hair removal is a permanent hair reduction method that addresses body and facial hair from the root.
We use the new Motuz AZ+ laser device which allows us to treat patients of dark and light skin tones without social downtime. The versatility of the system and setting for energy frequency can be completely adjusted and customized to each patient.
What Can I Expect?
Treatments vary depending on the area being treated and individual. The Motus AZ+ is relatively fast and able to complete a large area in under five minutes. Moveo technology eliminates the discomfort of typical laser hair removal. Most people only feel a warming sensation making the experience a highly comfortable one.
The number of sessions required to eliminate hair depends on the individual. A typical laser hair removal regimen is 5-6 sessions spaced one month apart and then maintenance treatments as needed. Given the efficacy of the AZ+, you may need fewer sessions and could go longer before needing a touch-up treatment.
Before Your Appointment
For your laser hair removal to be safe and successful, there are a few very important pre-care details and contraindications to keep in mind.
Shave Your Treatment Area
For best results, make sure to shave your treatment area 24 hours before or day of your laser hair removal appointment. It’s also important that when you come in, your treatment is clean and free of makeup, lotions, deodorant, and any other ointments or topical products.
Avoid All Kinds of Tanning
Any skin darkening habits, from casual sun exposure to fake tanning, can compromise the effectiveness of the laser treatment. Try to make sure that your skin is at its natural color, and avoid unprotected sun exposure, tanning lotions, tanning beds, tanning sprays, and tanning solutions for at least 2 to 4 weeks before and after your treatment.
Skip Other Hair Removal Methods
Aside from shaving, avoid all other hair removal methods for at least four weeks before your appointment. This includes waxing, bleaching, tweezing, threading, or epilating.
Avoid Medications & Treatments
These topical creams and medications can interfere with the laser treatment and increase your risk of side effects.
- For 3 days before and after your treatment, please avoid iron pills over 65 mg.
- For two weeks prior to your treatment, avoid antibiotics, tretinoin/Retin-A, Aspirin, and any blood-thinning medications.
- You cannot do laser hair removal if you’ve taken oral isotretinoin (Accutane) or immunosuppressants in the last 6 months.
After Your Appointment
- If your skin is a little irritated, you can apply a cool compress, aloe vera, or skin-soothing lotions after the treatment.
- Avoid any intense skin-renewing or exfoliating facial treatments, including microdermabrasion and chemical peels for at least 2 weeks before and after your laser treatment.
- Avoid all unprotected sun exposure. Wear sun-protective clothing or sunscreen when going outdoors in the daytime.
- Avoid sweating, intense exercise, or deodorant use for 24 hours after your treatment.
- For 24-72 hours after your treatment, avoid jacuzzis, saunas, steam rooms, or hot showers.
- We normally recommend you wait ten days after your laser hair removal treatment before shaving again, to avoid irritation.